We often have interesting opportunities available for people wishing to join our community either as tenants, working residents and for those wishing to work here on a part-time, non-residential basis.
All residential roles require a commitment to community living, co-operation, collaboration and sustainability, as well as to the aims of Braziers Park School of Integrative Social Research.
Current Residential Vacancies
Core-role maintenance job description
- Deliver work in some of these areas: electrical work, plumbing, roofing, carpentry, and general building work.
- Work in collaboration with the community to identify and agree priorities and methods.
- Ensure all maintenance is done in accordance with listed buildings
regulations, health and safety legislation and our environmental policy.
- Take responsibility for urgent repairs as and when needed.
- Ensure all spending is within budget holder or agreed with the Treasurer.
- Work with volunteers and other residents when appropriate and ensure they are working safely according to H&S regulations.
- Attend maintenance and community meetings as well as management
meetings as often as possible and attend training and induction sessions as necessary.
- Manage work time in liaison with the community to ensure the hours required by the post are fulfilled as well as attending to any emergencies.
Pay, living and food arrangements
Pay & Holiday Information
– Current rate of pay is set at £866.67 per month.
– Residential employees work 20 hours per week.
– Holiday entitlement is set at six weeks per calendar year.
Living at Braziers Park
– Resident employees are required to live on site, with a private room
provided and shared facilities.
– A ‘Service Occupancy Agreement’ is agreed between the resident
employee and the Committee of Management.
– For a private room and shared use of facilities, a deduction of £383.07 is made from the monthly pay.
Domestic & Food Arrangements
– Separate from our employment duties, we all share in the
cooking & cleaning arrangements, by using the weekly rota or
morning meetings to volunteer to do a minimum of three slots of
both/each every week.
– Lunch & supper are usually eaten collectively, with one or two
people cooking these meals. It is not recommended to cook individual
meals in the main kitchen.
– Food is costed at £2.50 for a half-day’s food (b’fast & lunch / snack
& supper), £5 for a whole day’s
The Recruitment Process for Resident Applicants
On receipt of a promising completed application form, references are checked and applicants may then be invited to visit for a few days to get to know us. If favoured on both sides, a longer stay working in the role for 10-14 days will then be arranged. If this visit is successful, the applicant will be invited to join us for a 3-month trial period (which, in exceptional circumstances, may be extended to 6 months) and in which there will be a review after 6 weeks. If the applicant is successful, this will will lead to becoming a member of the resident community.
The above is the established application process, but we recognise that this process may not be viable for some people. If an applicant wishes to suggest an alternative approach, we are happy to consider this. There are often many good applicants and only one can be selected, but unsuccessful applicants often continue a relationship with Braziers by becoming members of the Society, joining in on volunteer days, weekends and events, and opportunities to reapply may come up in future.
Current Tenant & Lodger Opportunities
We have an opportunity for a person who wishes to become a tenant in a shared first floor two bedroom apartment. You will have your own bedroom and share a kitchen/lounge and bathroom with one other who is already in situ.
Please contact email@example.com for more details and to register your interest.
None at present
Watch this space for upcoming vacancies
Resident roles are potentially available at any time in the following areas:
- Education Workers
- Kitchen Coordination
- Gardening and Food Growing
- Office Administration
- Campsite Coordination
- Lodgers & Tenants
If you are interested in a role in any of these areas that are presently fully staffed, you complete the application form (when available) and note that you would like us to file your interest in our database, and contact you should an opportunity arise. We will keep this information safe and secure in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, 2018.
Read our Privacy Notice for more information about how we handle your data.